Testing for STDs, including hepatitis A,B, and C is important if:
• You have previously received positive test results for chlamydia or gonorrhea, as these diseases increase the risk of acquiring other STDs.
• You use or have used drug injections with shared needles
• You suspect you may have been exposed to an STD
• You are a man who has sex with men
• You consumed food or water possibly contaminated by fecal matter (most common in rural areas with no pluming, third-world countries, or after natural disasters).